Fort Worth, Texas Housing
The city's Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP) provides mortgage assistance for income-eligible first-time home buyers with the City of Fort Worth.
Qualifying home buyers can receive a subsidy of up to $14, 999 for homes located in Fort Worth. The buyer can use the full $14, 999 subsidy for mortgage assistance or use $3, 000 of this amount for closing costs and/or down payment.
The following are program requirements:
- The property must be located within the Fort Worth city limits.
- You cannot have owned a home in the last three years. Displaced homemakers are also eligible.
- The home buyer agrees to live in the home as his or her principal residence.
- The combined family income must not exceed 80 percent of Fort Worth-area median income as established by the Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD).
- The home buyers' minimum contribution from their own money is the lesser of $1, 000 or two percent of the purchase price of the home.
- The property must pass the Housing Quality Standard Inspection (HQS), Environmental Review and Lead Hazard Evaluation conducted by the City of Fort Worth at no cost to the home buyers.