Housing for Lease
Online Lease Renewal ended on April 30. It may still be possible to renew your lease by going to the Family & Graduate Housing office located at 1841 Orchard Place, Urbana, IL 61801. Office hours are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You are eligible to renew your lease for the 2016-2017 year if:
1. You will be affiliated with the University of Illinois during the 2016-2017 academic year. In order to be affiliated, you must be one of the following:
- enrolled for the 2016-2017 academic year as an upper-division undergraduate or graduate student
- employed by the University of Illinois as a full-time faculty member, staff, or a post-doc for the 2016-2017 academic year
- enrolled for the 2016-2017 academic year as an undergraduate student and you will have immediate family members (spouse, child, or parent) residing with you in your apartment
- classified as a University Visiting Scholar with a current Letter of Invitation on file at the Family & Graduate Housing office
2. Your University account is current, showing no balance due
Please note: Any lease renewed by an ineligible resident will be canceled prior to August 1, 2016.
We are pleased to announce University Apartment monthly rates will increase by only $10-$20 for next year. The goal of University Housing continues to be the availability of affordable housing for any resident who would like to make Family & Graduate Housing their home.
It is very important that you read the Family & Graduate Housing Lease for the 2016-2017 year before renewing online. Important changes have been made since last year. View a printable version of the 2016-2017 lease terms and conditions (pdf) for your records.
If you plan to renew your lease for 2016-2017, you cannot request an Early Lease Termination for your current 2015-2016 lease. In addition, you cannot request an Early Lease Termination for the renewed lease prior to September 15, 2016 for any reason. Please refer to Section 14-15 of the 2016-2017 terms and conditions and read this information carefully.
On May 1, the Family & Graduate Housing office will begin to assign available apartments to new residents. We expect apartments that are not renewed to be vacated on or before July 31, 2016 at 12 p.m. noon. If you decide to renew your lease after May 1, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to renew your lease for your same apartment community or your same apartment.
You must provide at least 45 days advance notice of your departure date unless you are vacating your apartment on July 31, 2016.
To decline your lease renewal, simply use the same online lease renewal process to let us know you will not be renewing your lease, and to confirm the date you plan to vacate your apartment. Select “No, I Will Not Be Renewing My Lease; on the first screen, and fill out the required information.
If you wish to vacate your apartment prior to May 15, 2016, you will need to submit an Early Lease Termination Request form (pdf) (also available at the Family & Graduate Housing office). This form must be submitted at least 45 days in advance of your requested departure date and you must no longer be affiliated with the University for your request to be approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the links to learn more about each topic.
| | | | | | | | | |
How do I log in and access the online renewal site?
You may use either your EnterpriseID and EnterpriseID password or the Log In and Password that will be sent to you by the Family & Graduate Housing office in an email prior to April 1. In most cases, your EnterpriseID is the same as your NetID; however, the passwords for each of these are set separately and can be different. To find out what your EnterpriseID is and set your password, visit the Enterprise Applications Self-Service page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
When may I access the online renewal website?
You may access the renewal website 24 hours a day from April 1 to April 30! If you do not have access to a computer, you are welcome to use the computer kiosk at the Family & Graduate Housing office during business hours, the kiosk at Goodwin-Green, or the computer lab at Orchard Downs. You can also renew by coming into the Family & Graduate Housing office (1841 Orchard Place) and speaking with a Family & Graduate Housing staff member.
How will I know when I have successfully completed the lease renewal process?
Confirmation of your lease renewal will be mailed in May 2016.
Is it necessary to sign my lease in person?
No, you will not be required to sign a "hard-copy" lease. At the end of your online renewal session, you will be asked to select "accept" or "decline" the lease offer. Accepting the lease offer indicates that you have read and agreed to the following terms:
- I agree to pay the rate established by the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois for the type of apartment to which I am assigned.
- I understand the lease termination procedures as stated in the Family & Graduate Housing Lease. I hereby agree to these terms and procedures.
- I have paid the $250.00 deposit and understand that my deposit will be transferred for the 2016-2017 year.
What if my summer classes are not completed until after the end of my current lease (July 31, 2016)? Should I renew my lease?
You should only renew your lease if you will be affiliated with the University for the 2016-2017 academic year. If you will be enrolled in Summer Session II classes for the summer of 2016, you may submit a Request for Lease Extension form (pdf) to the Family & Graduate Housing office. Please note that Lease Extensions are only approved for students enrolled in Summer Session II classes.
- Дизайн квартиры и для интерьера квартир.