2 story houses for rentals
As featured in New York Magazine! Amazing historic victorian (ca. 1870) in front of a stream, in Historic West Cornwall, right past the covered bridge, nestled over 3 floors on a small hill in the middle of the trees. Retaining every historical feature. Oozes of charm & style. With a farmers market right across the street in summer and skiing right in town at Mohawk Mountain in winter.
The house has amazing furniture retaining a great historic feel while adding a lot of charm and style. It's perfect for artists and couples wishing a romantic get away from the city. The house is on 3 floors overlooking the stream and town, right over the covered bridge and close to restaurants, a coffee shop, antiques, and the Housatonic River. With a great garden and huge stone steps. Enjoy views of the creek from the front porch and from patio on the second floor.
Located in a historic West Cornwall, right past the covered bridge on the Housantic River about 2 hours from NYC. Accommodates 2-4 people comfortably in 2 bedrooms in 1, 400 square feet of space over 3 floors.
- 2 bedrooms - note guest bedroom has a heavy linen curtain separating it for the living space but not a door.
- 1 old claw foot bathtub and separate toilette. No shower. Please note the bathtub is separated from the bedroom with a linen curtain. Again no door. Also it is accessed via the bedroom.
- 1 main living room with huge cathedral ceiling
- 1 historic kitchen - 1930s stove not working. Kitchen is rustic with found wood shelves and original 1890s open shelves. We have a toaster oven and induction hot plate for cooking. Full size refrigerator.
- 1 - dining room, and fantastic day bed
- 1 large front porch and patio on the second floor
Pets are considered with security deposit. No smoking. Linens/towels included. Washer/dryer.
"Even the drive to this three-story 1870s Litchfield County Victorian is picture perfect: Pass through a covered bridge and you'll spot it peeking through the leaves, perched on an oak-dotted hillside. The two-bedroom, one-bath house has undergone a top-to-bottom interior restoration and a systems overhaul, which means you can bask in period charm (bay windows, a claw-foot tub, exposed-beam ceilings) without forgoing the ease of modern conveniences (reliable plumbing and electricity). The décor is a shabby-chic mix of plush velvet chairs, Shaker furniture, perfectly weathered Oriental rugs, and knickknacks from local haunts like Michael Trapp's antique shop (7 River Rd.; (phone number hidden)), just up the road. Fill your days with walks to the nearby stream, afternoon dips in Cream Hill Lake, and kayaking excursions on the Housatonic River."
The house is set on 1 acre, on small hill in front of a creek. About 3/5 the property is wooded on a hill. The sloped nature of the land combined with the woodland and water edges give the property a private feeling in summer, but with the walkable amenities of a country hamlet (post office, restaurant, café, antique shop – all in view of the covered bridge).