Buy a House in Texas USA
Looking for a new home can be an exciting and challenging experience. Having a real estate professional that takes the time to understand your unique needs and lifestyle is important.We work hard to not only find the perfect home for you, but also to handle every last detail of the purchase process, from negotiating the terms of sale to recommending moving companies.
Step 1: Decide to Buy
The decision to purchase your first home is one of the biggest and best decisions you could ever make. After all, a home is the largest (and most emotional) investment most people will ever make. So, how do you know if it’s the right time for you to buy your first home?
- There is never a wrong time to buy the right home. The key is finding a good buy and taking the time to carefully evaluate your finances.
- A home purchase is an important step in the path to long-term wealth. Purchasing your own home is a great investment that provides specific financial advantages, including equity buildup, value appreciation potential and tax benefits. It’s also an automatic savings plan that you cannot get from renting!
Step 2: Hire Your Agent
When you’re looking for a real estate professional to help you, know that above all else, good agents put their clients first. This is your dream, and your agent is your advocate to help you make your dream come true.
A great real estate agent will:
- Educate you about the current conditions of the market.
- Analyze what you want and what you need in your next home.
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria.
- Coordinate the work of other needed professionals throughout the process.
- Negotiate with the seller on your behalf.
- Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines.
- Solve any problems that may arise
Step 3: Secure Financing
Ultimately, your lender will pre-approve you for a certain amount, but YOU will decide what you’re comfortable paying every month. Remember, your lender only sees your finances on paper. It’s up to you to decide how much you’re willing to stretch your budget in order to get into your dream home.
Be sure to follow these six steps to financing your home:
- Choose a loan officer.
- Make a loan application and get pre approved.
- Determine what you want to pay and select a loan option.
- Submit to the lender an accepted purchase offer contract.
- Get an appraisal and title commitment.
- Obtain funding at closing
Since some mortgage options are less conservative than others, it’s important to determine if you are a risk taker or if you prefer more stability in your financial dealings. Do you invest in the stock market? Or do you put your money into certificates of deposit?
There are many different ways to finance a home. This table describes some of the options you should discuss with your real estate sales professional and the lender you select.
|How It Works
|When to Consider
Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM)